About the Journal
Journal of Medical Artificial Intelligence
Aims and Scope
Journal of Medical Artificial Intelligence (JMAI, J Med Artif Intell, Online ISSN 2617-2496) is a peer-reviewed and open access journal that publishes articles from a wide variety of new research and innovative ideas in medical artificial intelligence.
The articles published in Journal of Medical Artificial Intelligence (JMAI) need to discuss the incorporation of artificial intelligence in the medical field. And it includes but not limited to, AI in bio- and clinical medicine, machine learning based decision support, robotic surgery, data analytics and mining, laboratory information systems and AI in medical education.
With a focus on interdisciplinary perspectives concerning medical AI topics, JMAI aims to open new grounds for researchers to showcase the latest issues in the field.
Journal of Medical Artificial Intelligence is indexed and covered by
Information for Authors
JMAI is a member of Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and it follows the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE)'s guidelines and the ICMJE recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journal.
Manuscripts submitted must be the original work of the author(s) and must not be published previously or under consideration for publication elsewhere.
Submission Turnaround Time
- In-house review: 1-3 weeks
- External peer review: 1-3 months
- Publication Ahead of Print: within 1 month after being accepted
- Formal publication: within 1-3 months after being accepted. Original Articles are listed as priority.
Open Access Statement
Journal of Medical Artificial Intelligence is a peer reviewed, open access journal. All content of the journal is published under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial- NoDerivatives 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0). All articles published open access will be immediately and permanently free for all to read, download, copy and distribute as defined by the applied license.
Free access and usage
Permitted third party reuse is defined by the CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 license. This license allows users to copy and distribute the article, provided:
- this is not done for commercial purposes and further does not permit distribution of the Article if it is changed or edited in any way.
- the user gives appropriate credit (with a link to the formal publication through the relevant DOI) and provides a link to the license but not in an any way implying that the licensor is endorsing the user or the use of the work.
- no derivatives including remix, transform, or build upon the material was allowed for distribution.
For open access publishing, this journal uses an exclusive licensing agreement. Authors will transfer copyright to JMAI, but will have the right to share their article in the same way permitted to third parties under the relevant user license, as well as certain scholarly usage rights.
For any inquiry/special circumstance on the copyright, commercial usage or adaptation of JMAI articles, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For reprint order, please contact: email@example.com
JMAI is published by AME Publishing Company.
Address: Flat/RM C 16F, Kings Wing Plaza 1, NO. 3 on Kwan Street, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong, China.
Updated on December 20, 2021